Tips on Using Videos in your OWL Test
- Videos can be used on Test Directions, Section headers, or individual Items
- For OWL Directions Items and OWL Oral Response Items, when there is no Text Prompt entered, the Video Prompt will be resized to be full screen.
- Video files are processed when they are uploaded so that they may work in the OWL TMS.
- The most current/popular video file formats work well: .mp4, .m4v, .mov, .avi, .flv
- The maximum file upload size is 25 megabytes (MB)
- It may occasionally take extra time to process a video file.
- If your file is not immediately available to preview, please wait a few minutes and try again.
How videos are rendered in the OWL Tester
- OWL Tester attempts to accommodate different video aspect ratios when displaying a test
- The tester automatically adjusts by adding 'letterboxing' or 'pillarboxing' to the display area.
- The table below summarizes the way videos are rendered in the OWL Tester display.