This OWL Rater user group is responsible for manually performing assessments of test responses.
These responses contain human rated items such as oral response, essay or translation.
Raters can also see past assessments they have rated.
1, When you log into OWL as a rater, you will see the Blind Assessment Landing page.
2. Click on the Assignment you wish to rate.
3. OWL will automatically present you with a examinee's response for your assessment.
These boxes can be used when something is wrong with a response that prohibits the rater from assigning a rating.
A rater can "Commit" the rating without selecting a rubric performance level by checking the Unratable box.
This box can be used to indicate some sort of quality problem.
With this option, the rater must also provide a rubric rating, or check the unratable box in order to Commit the rating.
These two indications will appear throughout the OWL TMS in the following ways:
1. When viewing in OWL Rater, these labels appear in the header of the Test, Section or Item.
2. In the Response Table of the Assessment List Page under the columns "Unratable" and "Technical Issues"
3. In the various Assessment Reports under the headings “Ratable Status” and “Technical Status”
Go to the Assessments Menu >> My Assessments
1. Does the url you are using start with "https://hosted.owlts.com"?
2. You can use this link OWL Password Reset.
1. Please contact your Test Administrator (i.e., recruiter, university, certification board, teacher).
2. Please do NOT contact OWL Testing Software directly to reset your password.
If the commit button is greyed out there is a rubric or a rubric row somewhere that does not have a radio button clicked.
A rater cannot use the "Commit" button to perform a rating until every Item or Section that requires a performance rating receives one.