OWL System Administrators are responsible for creating users for their domain. There are multiple ways to create users in the OWL Test Management System.
New users can be created directly from the Admin Menu by following these steps:
- Select Users from the Admin Menu
- Click the Create Button
- Complete the required Fields in the setup window, and click Save.
- Username - (required) This must a unique name within your domain. We recommend using email addresses since they are always unique.
- Password - (required) System Administrators may use this field to assign or reset a user's password.
- First Name (required)
- Middle Name (optional)
- Last Name (required)
- Primary Email (optional) - An email address is required if you intend to use the OWL TMS to send notifications
- Alternate Email (optional)
- Sync ID (optional) This field can be descriptive or it can be used for integration with other systems, or OWL Admin Import purposes.
- Groups (required) - User's defined role or set of permissions within the OWL TMS. A user may have more than one role.
Learn more: Types of Users Help Page
- Languages (optional) - You can assign language(s) to your users, this field is descriptive only.
- Classes (optional) - You can assign a user to a class. When you assign a user to a class they will get all of the assignments for that class.
Note: You can also add the User to the class roster by accessing the Class Roster page.
- Departments (optional) - For domain organization purposes.
With the OWL generated registration link, a new or existing user will be presented with screens instructing them to create their OWL Account or login to proceed. Learn more: Registration Help Page
Application Program Interface (API)
This option is available to OWL Hosted platinum-level users. If you would like to learn more, please contact us at: email@example.com
System integration enables site licensed or dedicated SaaS customers to move student/examinee, class and scoring information to between OWL and their student or employee information systems. If you would like to learn more about using this feature, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an add-on feature that can be made available to OWL users. If you are an OWL System Administrator and have the following option in your Tools Menu (Tools > Import > Administrative), then this feature is turned on for your OWL domain.