PLEASE NOTE: Admin Imports is a premium feature. If you are an OWL System Administrator and have the following option Tools Menu >> Admin Imports, then this feature is turned on for your OWL domain. If you do not have access to this feature, but would like to learn more, please contact your OWL Sales representative, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Create courses, locations, classes, academic terms & years, and users from three imported CSV files.
- This procedure only deals with users that have a Sync ID.
- If an existing user (w/ sync ID) is not in the import, they will be deactivated.
- If an existing user (w/ sync ID) is in the import, the user record will be updated.
- For users in the import that do not exist in the user table, they will be created.
- If an existing user in OWL (w/out sync ID), the imported user will fail
- Create the three (3) CSV files - Proper formatting of these files is paramount to the success of your import. Please look at the example CSV files on the import page (1) for the most up-to-date example of the exact format that you must use. Please follow the examples provided (1). The following formatting rules must be adhered to:
- All CSV files must contain a first row with the header information
- Data begins in the second row
- Rows are delimited by a CR/LF
- Data fields should be quoted
- Data fields are delimited by a comma
- Each row must have the correct number of data fields
- If there are some fields that are not required by your organization (i.e., you do not want to supply data for) you may leave them blank by using two quotations marks like this ,"",
- Go To Tools >> Admin Import
- Click the Create Button
- Click on the Select Button to find the files on your computer following the dialog box provided by your computer's browser.
- Click Import